Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's

It has been said by me many times that John and I don't really celebrate Valentine's. At most we'll use the holiday as an excuse to go out to eat, but presents, cards, and candy are not exchanged, and they haven't been since we've been together. 

Wait, I lied. On our first married Valentine's Day, John gave me a gift card to Old Navy. And I gave him a card with. . . something. But I think that's it. 

However, I feel a little differently about celebrating the holiday with kids. Valentine's can be really fun, and there are lots of cute activities to do with children surrounding the holiday. As a kid I made heart collages from construction paper, received small (but fun) presents from my parents, and I ate a lot of yummy treats at school parties. 

Now that Hannah Grace is old enough to "help" in the kitchen, I thought it would be fun to make up some of those Valentine themed Pillsbury cupcakes. She helped me put the ingredients in a bowl and stir them together. Once the cupcakes were finished, I let them cool, put Hannah Grace down for a nap, and iced/sprinkled them.


One of these will be a much enjoyed after nap snack for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment