Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pants!

In this post, I gave a sneak peak of what I have been working on for Hannah Grace. I'm pleased to say that I am almost finished with all of her pants (there is one more pair that needs to have the length altered). But here they are, homemade pants!


 I love all of the pants, but this is probably my favorite pair, mostly because I love the fabric so much. The chunky hem on the bottom (inspired by this tutorial) gives the pants more of a 'trouser' look, but I can let it out once Hannah Grace gets taller, allowing her to wear these pants longer.




You may need to click on the photo to get a better look of the print on these pants. I bought this flannel fabric several months ago, knowing I wanted to make pants out of it for Hannah Grace to wear during the fall and winter. It is hard to tell, but I added a ruffle at the bottom. Several days ago I was in Target, and they had a pink shirt with a little dog on the front that looked exactly like the dogs on these pants, so I bought it, knowing they would definitely be worn together!




Simple, green linen-look pants. More than anything I liked the feel of this material and knew they would make a cute, basic pant. They are way too long and will need to be hemmed, but otherwise, I really like them!



Lounge pants, made from a super cute knit fabric. Originally these pants did not have elastic in the legs, but I thought they looked too messy as full length pants, so I added the elastic and now they look great!

I used several different tutorials, one pattern,  my mom’s advice, and my own imagination to make these pants. The biggest issue I had was not making the crotch large enough (I figured out the problem on the last pair of pants I made, but they are not pictured), so they are a tad snug when Hannah Grace sits, but that hasn’t been a problem yet.

I also made the pants (except for the lounge pants, of course) a little longer than Hannah Grace’s current size, because I want her to be able to wear them through the winter. Hopefully she’ll be able to, and if she can’t, then I’ll just make some more pants!

So I can give credit, the tutorials I either used or drew inspiration from were from Sewing in No Mans Land and Prudent Baby. The pattern I used was Burda Easy 9650 (although I did not pay $10 for this pattern!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment