Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Surprise!

My mom showed up at our front door, unannounced, Thursday afternoon. 

Hannah Grace and I had just returned from her 15 month check up, and she was down for a nap. I was sitting in the living room, eating Zaxby's and texting Mom, assuming she was in Murfreesboro. To make a long(ish) story short, she said she was going to Wal-Mart. A few minutes went by, and she said she would just go later. Then, 'Maybe we can go together'. At that point, I heard a knock on the door and knew she was on the other side! I was so happy to see her! 

We had a great, LONG weekend. Hannah Grace got a few new goodies, including this awesome lookout tree house. We found it at Essex at a much cheaper price, which made it that more appealing. It was super easy to assemble, and Hannah Grace loves it. I'm glad, because now she has something to play on when it's way too cold to go outside. Mom also bought me a diaper bag I've had my eye on for months. The bag retails for $64, and I found it for $15! Essex is amazing!

We also went to the mall (my first time going since we moved here almost eight months ago-- it's barely ten minutes from my house, ha!), and got a couple of winter stuff for Hannah Grace on clearance at Gymboree. We moseyed on over to Target, where Mom helped me out with my wardrobe by buying me some new jeans, an open front sweater, and a shirt to wear under it. 

Shopping isn't all we did, though! We spent quite some time completely cleaning out the garage (Hallelujah, praise Jesus!), storing stuff in the huge attic space I didn't know we had, and cleaning out my van. Between a toddler and a zillion trips back and fourth between here and Middle Tennessee, my van was a disaster. 


We also sewed! Mom made me super cute red fleece jacket, and I made two crib sheets for Hannah Grace's bed!

And we grocery shopped! And cooked! And set up a kiddie pool that may not ever get used with this cold weather coming, but hey-- we'll have it for next year! And Mom bought us a hose pipe! And she ran off a cat with a broom!

It was a great visit!


No comments:

Post a Comment