Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

15 months

In all of the visiting that has been going on, I forgot to do an update on Hannah Grace. I've actually done a really bad job of blogging about her milestones, but I am pretty good at writing them on a calendar and in her actual photo album (that I'm hoping to finish by the end of the year), so I don't feel too bad.

Hannah Grace is 15 months (almost 16 months!), weighs about 23 pounds and is about 31 inches tall. Compared to several of my friends babies her age, she's a little small, especially in height. Although, that really does not come as a surprise considering John's height (5'6'').
She has been walking for almost six months (GEEZE!) and she climbs EVERYTHING.

She still will eat pretty much anything we put in front of her, especially fresh fruit, cheese, green beans, and pasta.

She is SO observant. Maybe all babies her age are, but recently Hannah Grace has started "helping" me unload the dishwasher. While I unload plates and bowls, she will take all the utensils (one or two at a time, except for sharp knives) and put them in the utensil drawer! I still have to organize them afterwards, but I'm glad she's learning. She also knows that dirty diapers go in the diaper pail and likes to put them in there. When I'm putting her clean clothes away, she will often help me do that too (and then pull the clothes back out, so we're still working on that one).

While she jabbers non stop when she's awake, she has a very small vocabulary. She says 'dada', 'mama', 'uh oh', and her own variation of 'dog'. I tried to teach her to say 'food' earlier, and she made the 'fffff' sound. She seems to understand words better than she speaks, because when we say 'bye' or 'hi', she'll usually wave. And when I say 'bath', she goes straight to the tub and waits for me to turn the water on and put her in.

She loves shoes. This is a fairly recent development, but John and I have noticed her bringing one of us a shoe and standing there with it until we put it on her foot. One day she walked around the house half the day with just one shoe on. Silly girl.

Speaking of shoes, a size 5 fits her perfectly, but I have two size 6's for her to wear this fall/winter. Her feet grow quickly, so I prefer to just let her wear larger shoes. They have yet to mess with her ability to walk well.

She wears mostly 18 month clothing right now, but everything I'm buying for fall and winter is 24 months, with the exception of a few 2T shirts.

She now has eight teeth, enough hair for pigtales, SUPER blue eyes, and strawberry blonde hair.

She would rather be worn in the Ergo than sitting in a stroller for a prolonged amount of time.

Her bedtime is right around 8:30, and she usually sleeps until 7:15.

She likes to watch the first half hour of Sesame Street, Blues Clues, and Clifford.

She LOVES dolls and already acts like a little mommy. She kisses, pats, and carries them around the house throughout the day. It's seriously cute.

I think that's about it. She's about the greatest little thing out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment