Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Lightroom Novice

I received Lightroom 3 in the mail yesterday and upon installation almost immediately closed my laptop. This software is no joke, and I'm in major need of an instruction manual, so I'm going to be ordering the Kindle version of this book shortly: 

I eventually reopened my laptop and decided to do some clicking around Lightroom just to see what all it held. 

It holds a lot. There's a reason I'm getting that book. 

Anyway, I finally decided to pull up a picture and try to do some tweaking, and, without really watching what I was doing, I turned this straight out of the camera shot of Hannah Grace. . . 


Into this!

One thing I can definitely say about Lightroom is that it really lets you do exactly what you want to a photo (even if you aren't paying attention to what you're actually doing. Ahem). I'm definitely looking forward to working with this software more!

1 comment:

  1. OK, that's the kind of editing I want to do/like, because that looks so natural. The colors are popping like they probably did in real life. Post more as you learn more!

    ReplyDelete