Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Ho, ho, ha.

This morning, I was going through the updates on my Facebook news feed when I saw that one of the photography pages posted a deal from Adorama; they were selling Adobe's Lightroom 3 for $150. Given that this is a $300 software that rarely goes for under $250 on sale, I knew this was a steal. Knowing I wouldn't be taking advantage of the deal, but knowing John also appreciates a good deal, I sent him a text: Lightroom 3 for $150. Dang. 






A week or so ago John announced that he knew exactly what he was getting me for Christmas. According to him, it was something I've mentioned several times, therefore he knew that it was something I really wanted.

I, for the life of me, could not think of anything (within a reasonable price) that I had mentioned to him that I would like, so I spent the next few days trying to figure out what it could possibly be.

Imagine my surprise when he called me four hours after I texted him, greeting me with, "How did you know??" "Know what?" I asked. "What I was getting you for Christmas," he responded. "I don't know what you're getting me for Christmas," I answered, puzzled.

"But you texted me about it earlier," he said.

Lightroom 3. He was going to use the Amazon rewards points he accrues through work to pay for a chunk of Lightroom 3 for my Christmas present. However, because I had found it for $150 on Adorama, and because he was going to have to use all his points and still pay $100 out of pocket, he told me to go ahead and order the software, so I'm getting my Christmas present early!

I'm excited, especially since I used a 30 day trial of Lightroom 3 a couple of months ago. It's very different from Photoshop Elements, but it will be a great tool in perfecting the exposure of so many of my pictures.

Oh, and here's the kicker: You know how I said it rarely goes below $250 on sale? Yeah, pretty sure Amazon is also selling it (at least today) for $150!

Do any if you guys have anything in particular on your Christmas lists this year?

1 comment:

  1. My whole life is dedicated to ruining surprises, apparently. Garrett has stopped trying, because when he does try, something like this generally happens. And it's not just him, same with my mom when she tries to surprise me.

    I guess since I've been researching the Nook and Fire so heavily I suppose everyone knows what I know about them... both are WiFi only. The list I wrote out of what I want in a tablet was just sort of general and I mentioned the 3G preference even though I knew it would not happen with either of those options. The only big downside of WiFi only is I will use said tablet at work mostly, and all we have is a couple of weak signaled, password-protected WiFi connections, and I don't know who to ask for a password or if it's only meant to be designated for certain purposes and people.

    I'm pretty sure no tablet has Word, but some have apps that do word processing, and both Fire and Nook have USB ports, so if they have something that can read the documents that'd be good. I just haven't figured out if they do yet since they are both so new. I know iPad has options for that.

    ReplyDelete